18 November 2006

Wisconsin for Thanksgiving!

Well, this is my last day in the office for a while as I'm heading to Stevens Point, Wisconsin, to visit my friends, Kyle & Melissa Rickert, and their families for Thanksgiving 2006. I love to travel over the Thanksgiving holidays. I understand that most folks like to spend the holiday with family, because my family lives in the same city as I do, I typically take Thanksgiving to spend with those friends who live in far-flung parts of the world. I last saw the Rickerts in February 2005 when they were stationed in The Philippines with Peace Corp. Here's a picture of us on the porch of their nipa hut...



Oh, and if it looks as if the sun is shining directly on us, here's a picture of the view from that porch...


Anyway, really looking forward to seeing them. They've since bought a house, gotten pregnant, and both acquired jobs...the American Dream, I suppose. Should be a blast and I'll be back next Saturday. But never fear, I'll be posting on the fly! God bless you and yours and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: