09 February 2008

The Vocal Majority - Some Interesting Statistics

A few of you have asked how it is that I spend my time while singing with the Men of the Vocal Majority. With that in mind, I thought I'd share some interesting statistics with you. While singing with the Vocal Majority just in 2007, I have...

...Attended 54 separate rehearsals;
...Rehearsed approximately 200 hours;
...Rehearsed 75 different songs;
...Performed 17 times, singing 54 different songs...all by memory:
3 shows in Denver, Colorado;
3 Spring Shows in Richardson, Texas;
3 Fall Shows in Richardson, Texas;
1 High School performance;
4 Private Shows;
1 Funeral;
1 Wedding;
...Sang 15+ Singing Valentines with a quartet;
...Completed our most recent Christmas Album, Believe;

What is even more impressive is that there are more than 120 men that did the same or more than me, all on a voluntary basis. We receive no direct compensation for our work, other than the joy that comes with singing, performing, and being the "best in the world" at what we do...according to some. And besides that, its an absolutely freaking blast, in every way imaginable...which still does the experience an injustice.

Thanks for your support...and patience with my little hobby

No comments: