30 October 2006

Trip to Santa Fe, In Summary

I'm on my way back from Santa Fe, New Mexico, right now. I left early enough to get back in time for commitments this evening, barring unforeseen circumstances. My trip went well, without incident.

I continue to be amazed at the Lord's working of changes in me. Of course there were times I was tempted and had to turn away from opportunity, as I imagine will always be the case. However, this happened with seemingly little effort on my part. There was no striving, sweating, clenched fists, or cries of deprivation that were ALWAYS present, historically. Its like this peaceful dream-state just comes over me and the thot comes to mind, "I don't do that anymore...that's not me."

As I revisit these places, experiences, friendships that were all soiled by my broken past, I experience them in a new/different way. I admit, its both disorienting and even boring compared to my old ways of doing things. But, I'm content with boredom over regret and bondage...for today.

No comments: