29 October 2006

Wednesday in Abilene

Spent the day with Brooks Norman yesterday in Abilene. Got to see Jeremy West, Cara Lee Gombert, and spend extended time with Philip Muns and his roommate Kyle, too. Also saw Wayne & Mimi Barnard and Mark Lewis, old friends from my grad school days. Spent the night with Brooks & Jordan Blakey in the dorm. We stayed up til 2AM, laughing, talking, and telling stories. Felt just like I was in college again - except withouth the pressure, anxiety, debt, and never enough laundry detergent. ~lol~ Omlettes and smoothies for breakfast this morning in The Bean. I had so much fun and had a wonderful visit with everyone I saw. I'm so glad that I decided to come through Abilene on my way to Santa Fe. Being in Abilene again and seeing the friends I have there - even for 24 hours - so refreshed me, though it made me miss being a student, living in Abilene, and renewed the pain of being apart from those I love, especially Brooks. He really is just like the "little" brother I never had but always wanted. God is so good and in His perfect way and timing, provides for our every need.

No comments: